Monday, June 18, 2007

Oh Baby!

My friend and co-worker Allison is very pregnant. It's not that she's overdue, or even terribly close to her due date, it's that her belly is HUGE! It is almost larger than the (petite) rest of her body. We threw her a baby shower at the office last week, and for her present I made a hat and booties. Both are heavily modified from patterns in order to use fingering weight yarn as opposed to the worsted called for. The specs are below:


Both are made from Claudia's Hand Painted Yarn, Fingering Merino in colorway "Carousel"

Bonnet
Pattern: Hello Yarn's Top Down Bonnet, without the ears or face
Comments: I really like this pattern. I made some modifications, as there was no chance I was going to get gauge with the fingering yarn. Other than sizing, however I followed the pattern and am really happy with how it came out and am planning on making more for gifts.

Booties
Pattern: fabulousyarn.com's Dreambaby Booties
Comments: I had to modify this pattern for the fingering yarn as well, I also used stockinette stitch on the lower part in stead of garter stitch. I also used simple braids for the ties, instead of an i-cord. I am also happy with this pattern, and anticipate making many more bonnet/booties sets for future babies.

1 comment:

Jada said...

That is too cute!!