Monday, May 21, 2007

I sometimes get overwhelmed with things to post, and wind up posting nothing at all. That pretty much sums up most of my absence. I'm trying, once again, to catch my blog up with my life.

So here I present you with everything I have pictures of online. Other things have been finished, but I haven't gone so far as to actually take pictures AND upload them. I will do my best to add those, and the finished versions of some of these, eventually.

"My So-Called Scarf"


Pattern: My So Called Scarf
Yarn: Manos Del Uruguay in "Mulled Wine", 2 skeins
Needles: Size 11 bamboo circulars
Comments: I love this stitch pattern! It's relatively simple to learn and looks more woven than knit. I'm thinking of trying to make a pillow cover out of it at some point. I didn't change the pattern at all, and I'm completly happy with how it turned out.


Fiber!

I finally ordered fiber to use with my new(ish) spindle. They're both from Chameleon Colorworks. There was a problem with the initial shipping, but it was all sorted out, and they were kind enough to give me a gift certificate for my trouble.


The first is a 50/50 Merino Tencel Roving in "Indian Wedding":



The second is 100% Bombyx silk. I'm not sure what colorway at the moment, I found it through some sort of "secret" link - I don't think I was suposed to be able to order it, but she shipped it anyway:

The actual color is a little more red than it looks in the picture. It's gorgeous.

I've already spun and knit the Merino/Tencel, it will be a present for my friend in June, so the finished object won't be revealed until then (not that she reads this, more that it's not so much finished as of now...)


Spinning reject

One of my earliest attempts at spinning, this was actually me pretending to "ply" the yarn. I didn't know what I was doing, still don't really, and it shows. It was a big fibery mess, and not even very soft. Berkley didn't even want to play with it. It's in the trash now.


Previews

Here are a couple of projects I've actually finished, though I only have in-progress pictures.

"Simply Marilyn"


"Print O'the Wave Stole"

Detail:

No comments: